Thursday, January 7, 2010

BIAM, School, and Belly Dancers--OH, MY!

Maybe I should sign up for school/work on a BIAM more often. Seems to make me more consistent with blogging. Hmmm. Anyways, just checking in to say...

158 pages to go until I can write THE END on my current WIP. That's not bad, considering the past couple of days have been crazy with running around, trying to get into school in time for this semester. I haven't been in school since I was a mere lass of 20, so I'm starting with one class right now which will start on February 2. I am now OFFICIALLY a college student! This class is *online* too. Now that's something you didn't see back in 1979!

But back to my BIAM: This weekend I'm planning on spending some time in my home office. A few straight hours of getting out of the way and letting the hero, heroine and the characters who people their world take over will hopefully get even more of the story underway. After all these years I've learned that once you get that momentum, you just gotta keep that laptop fired up and see that baby all the way through the end. Besides which, I'm really enjoying the ride.

Oh--and I'm hoping to fit in a belly dancing class sometime next month, too! Yes, I'm serious. I've always thought that was such a lovely, womanly dance and it's great creative movement. These past few days have been too cold to walk or hike much and sometimes you need something besides the gym for movement, something creative or fun.

Geez, being 20 years old was never this hectic!

No comments:

Post a Comment